Monday, September 7, 2009

ANOTHER ATTEMPT

So here I am again, trying to blog.

I have done this before and ended up forgetting or neglecting. There are too many thoughts in particular days. And you get to think if there is anyone who will really be interested in what is going on inside the privacy of your mind.

But I guess it helps. Even for purposes of therapy. I have kept journals since I was in high school. I have a closet full of journals, all neatly handwritten in black or blue/black ballpoint pens, overflowing from the shelves. I consume three to four of these journals per year --- and I never review them. I never re-read what I have written.

Maybe that is for somebody else to do years from now.

Maybe there shall come a point in time when somebody will literally plow through all these books and try to decipher my abused or misused Palmer Method of handwriting learned with utmost dedication from the Christian Brothers. Maybe some day someone will find interest in piecing together what went through my mind through all the years of celebrating my public self and treasuring the privacy of what remains as my own thoughts and perceptions of people.

Maybe one day people will be shocked to find out what I really thought or felt about them. But chances are ... we will all not be around when it happens. The distance of history can be forgiving ... even in a subculture of voyeurism and exhibitionism.

So why a blog?

Because there is still much to share.

Because there are certain ideas that should never be restricted to the privacy of journals that can only be read when it is finally safe to do so.

Because at this point in my life, I have so many things to say and even much more to share.

And perhaps it is, after all, still a good idea to go public with your thoughts ... and exercise less of the politeness that goes with being politically correct ... or simply manifesting civility.

So I am blogging again. Another attempt at telling the world I am so much more than just another pretty face.




4 comments:

  1. Hi, direk. I'm really glad you're finally blogging again. :) I just love reading your thoughts and views about anything.

    Keep on writing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So I am blogging again. Another attempt at telling the world I am so much more than just another pretty face."

    -- aylavet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for blogging again and sharing your thoughts! You're a great guy direk! I always follow your tweets and now your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Maybe some day someone will find interest in piecing together what went through my mind through all the years of celebrating my public self and treasuring the privacy of what remains as my own thoughts and perceptions of people."


    Coming from a public figure, may "kurot" ng konti sa puso.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete